Thursday 20 October 2011

Cat with Birds papercut

This is another piece for the Windsor Contemporary Art Fair.  I managed to draw and cut it all today - a total of about 4.5 hrs work.  It's my first attempt at drawing and cutting anything bigger than a bird (!) and is based on a drawing of mine that I found in an old sketch book.  I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out - although my son says the cat "looks sinister ... but in a good way"! Ha - oh well.  I'm going to mount it on cream pastel paper and frame it in a black IKEA frame to keep the costs down - both for me and for the buyers at the fair (hopefully!).

I'm thinking of subtitling it "Resignation" because clearly this feline is no longer a threat to his little feathery friends.


Cat with Birds
"Resignation"
19cm x 31cm

No comments:

Post a Comment